Orientation Advising Information
- Franklin College Academic Area Meetings
- Franklin College Orientation Advising Locations
- For Incoming First-year Students:
- Placement Testing —
- All students are strongly encouraged to take the Math placement test.
- Students continuing a foreign language they studied for more than 2 years in high school, or who have extensive knowledge of a foreign language, are advised to take the Foreign Language placement test.
- Students may also want to take the English placement tests if they are especially strong in that area.
- If possible, you should take placement exams before Orientation. Some students may have the option to take placement tests the morning of the first day of two-day Orientation sessions.
- Contact University Testing Services for more information about how to sign up for placement testing.
- AP/SAT II — Send all results of these tests to UGA Admissions through the College Board. Write down all tests taken and scores received (if known) and bring this information to your Orientation advising appointment.
- IB scores -- Send your IB scores to UGA. Read more about your IB scores and UGA credit equivalencies on the UGA Registrar's website. Write down all tests taken and scores received (if known) and bring this information to your Orientation advising appointment.
- Placement Testing —
- For Incoming Transfer Students:
- UGA Bulletin — Understand degree requirements. Be sure to complete the Bulletin Worksheet!
- Degreeworks — See how courses you have already taken, and/or credit from testing, apply to your degree program. After your advising appointment, click on the plans tab to view the plan your advisor discussed with you.
- Athena — Register for your classes online after Orientation.
- Student Advising and Guidance Expert (SAGE) — Make advising appointments and view notes and resources from your advisor.
- Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) — Know your rights, according to federal law.
- First Year Odyssey
- On-line Alcohol Awareness Requirement
- Health and Immunization Records
- Testing Services (Placement Tests)
- Verifying Lawful Presence
updated 5.7.2018 email@example.com