Important Information for Students with Double Majors:
To ensure you are advised for the correct major at Orientation:
- You will only have time for one advising appointment at Orientation. However, your advisor will be able to answer questions about other Franklin College and UGA majors.
- The day prior to your orientation session you will receive an email from Kellee Green (email@example.com) which will list the major for which you will primarily be advised.
- If you would rather be advised for your other major, please respond to the email by the end of the day.
- See the priority list below to determine which major is more critical for advisement at Orientation.
Some majors require specific course sequencing for timely graduation. Students pursuing multiple majors should be advised for and attend the area meeting based on the following priority list. For example, if you plan to pursue both Biology and Psychology, based on the list below, you would go to the BS Biological area meeting. If possible, send a family member or friend to the area meeting for the second major you plan to declare.
Priority List for Double-Majors
- Fine Arts (Art, Music, and Dance)
- BBA Intended Business or ABJ Intended Journalism (Advised by the Exploratory Center)**
- BS (Biological)
- BS (Physical/Computational)
- AB majors and BS Psychology
**For majors in other UGA colleges please contact the advising office for that college.
Franklin College Area Meetings:
Bachelor of Science (Biological) Area Meeting: Miller Learning Center room 101 (review the slides)
- BS Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- BS Biology
- BS Cellular Biology
- BS Chemistry
- BS Genetics
- BS Microbiology
- BS Plant Biology
- BSCHEM Chemistry
- BS Intended Pharmaceutical Sciences
Bachelor of Arts (AB) and BS Psychology Area Meeting: Miller Learning Center room 102 (review the slides)
- BS Psychology
- AB African American Studies
- AB Anthropology
- AB Arabic
- AB Art History
- AB Asian Languages and Literature
- AB Classics
- AB Cognitive Science
- AB Communication Studies
- AB Comparative Literature
- AB Criminal Justice
- AB English
- AB Film Studies
- AB French
- AB Geography
- AB German
- AB History
- AB Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- AB Linguistics
- AB Philosophy
- AB Religion
- AB Romance Languages
- AB Russian
- AB Sociology
- AB Spanish
- AB Theatre
- AB Women's Studies
Bachelor of Science (Physical/Computational): Miller Learning Center room 153 (review the slides)
- BS Atmospheric Science
- BS Computer Science
- BS Geography
- BS Geology
- BS Mathematics
- BS Physics
- BS Physics and Astronomy
- BS Statistics
Fine Arts (Art, Music, and Dance): see below for locations (review the slides)
For Two-Day Sessions: Miller Learning Center room 147
- Art: all Art students**
- Music: all Music students
- Dance: all Dance students
For One-Day Orientation Sessions:
- Art: all Art students** meet in C301L Lamar Dodd School of Art.
- Music: all Music students meet in Room 200 Hugh Hodgson School of Music.
- Dance: all Dance students should attend the area meeting for AB Majors & BS Psychology in the Miller Learning Center.
- Film Studies and Theatre students should attend the AB area meeting for all sessions.
- Art History should attend the AB meeting during two-day sessions.
- Art History should attend the meeting in Lamar Dodd on one-day sessions.
updated 10.15.2018 firstname.lastname@example.org