Franklin College has four area meetings for Orientation students.
See your Orientation schedule for the meeting start time and room number.
- Bachelor of Arts (AB) and BS Psychology (meeting slides from Winter 2018)
- Bachelor of Science -- Biological (meeting slides from Winter 2018)
- Bachelor of Science -- Physical/Computational (meeting slides from Winter 2018)
- Fine Arts (Art, Music, and Dance) (meeting slides from Winter 2018)
If you have multiple majors please read the information at the bottom of this page.
Bachelor of Arts (AB) and BS Psychology Area Meeting:
- BS Psychology
- AB African American Studies
- AB Anthropology
- AB Arabic
- AB Art History
- AB Asian Languages and Literature
- AB Classics
- AB Cognitive Science
- AB Communication Studies
- AB Comparative Literature
- AB Criminal Justice
- AB English
- AB Film Studies
- AB French
- AB Geography
- AB German
- AB History
- AB Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- AB Linguistics
- AB Philosophy
- AB Religion
- AB Romance Languages
- AB Russian
- AB Sociology
- AB Spanish
- AB Theatre
- AB Women's Studies
Bachelor of Science (Biological) Area Meeting:
- BS Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- BS Biology
- BS Cellular Biology
- BS Chemistry
- BS Genetics
- BS Microbiology
- BS Plant Biology
- BSCHEM Chemistry
- BS Intended Pharmaceutical Sciences
Bachelor of Science (Physical/Computational):
- BS Atmospheric Science
- BS Computer Science
- BS Geography
- BS Geology
- BS Mathematics
- BS Physics
- BS Physics and Astronomy
- BS Statistics
Fine Arts (Art, Music, and Dance):
For Two-Day Sessions:
- ART: all Art students** attend the Fine Arts meeting in the Miller Learning Center
- DANCE: all Dance students attend the Fine Arts meeting in the Miller Learning Center
- MUSIC: all Music students attend the Fine Arts meeting in the Miller Learning Center
For One-Day Orientation Sessions:
- ART students** should attend the area meeting in Lamar Dodd School of Art.
- MUSIC students should attend the area meeting in the Hugh Hodgson School of Music.
- Dance Majors should attend the area meeting for AB Majors & BS Psychology in the Miller Learning Center.
**Note: Art History, Film, and Theatre students should attend the AB area meeting.
Information for students with more than one major
Keep in mind that you will only have time to attend one area meeting. Because some majors require specific course sequencing for timely graduation, students with multiple majors should chose the area meeting based on the following priority list. For example, if you are double-majoring in Art and Biology, based on the list below, you would go to the Art area meeting. If possible, send a family member or friend to the area meeting for your second major. After the area meetings, you may go to other area meeting rooms to speak to advisors and pick up information packets.
Once classes begin, Franklin College advising offers walk-in hours every weekday afternoon if you have questions about your second major.
Area Meeting Priority List for Double-Majors
- Fine Arts (Art, Music, and Dance)
- BBA Intended Business or ABJ Intended Journalism (Advised by the Exploratory Center)**
- BS (Biological)
- BS (Physical/Computational)
- AB majors and BS Psychology
**For majors in other UGA colleges please contact a representative of that college.
updated 3.7.2018 email@example.com