Outstanding Academic Advisor AWARD Nominations
Franklin College recognizes excellence in advising through the Outstanding Academic Advisor Award, given annually to an advisor who has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to students, the UGA advising community, and the advising profession at large.
Franklin College invites nominations from undergraduate students, advising colleagues, department chairs, deans, or other advisors. Nominees must have a minimum of one year of experience advising UGA undergraduates, and cannot have received this award within the previous five years.
Nominations may be submitted through the online form. Written nominations turned in at 346 Brooks Hall are also accepted. The nomination process is ongoing, but nominations must be received by October 15th to be eligible for consideration in the current academic year.
A selection committee comprised of advisors, administrators, staff, and students will evaluate nominations based on the following criteria:
- Makes use of developmental advising concepts
- Supports and advocates for students
- Displays strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is cognizant and inclusive of diverse student populations and mindful of students’ varying backgrounds, needs, and experiences
- Is available, responsive, and accessible to students, peers, staff, and faculty
- Displays a caring, helpful attitude to students, peers, staff, and faculty
- Demonstrates knowledge of academic regulations, policies, and procedures, as well as university services and resources
- Supports and participates in special projects and programs as time permits
- Helps students develop self-efficacy
The recipient will receive:
- A $1000 monetary award (taxable)
- Recognition at the Franklin College Staff Appreciation Reception