Is your major correct in ATHENA?
To meet with an Orientation advisor specializing in your field of study, make sure your major is correct in Athena. To check or change your major:
- In Athena > Student Records > My Programs
- Add the new major first then delete the old major.
- Choose the “Intended-” version of a major if one is listed.
- Declare "intended" for all Terry and Grady majors.
- It is OK to be Unspecified! The Exploratory Center advises Unspecified students.
If you have more than one major:
- You will only meet with one advisor for orientation. Email Kellee Green firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a preference for which major you wish to be advised. Generally, the priority for advising is:
Priority list for double-majors (majors higher on the list require specific course sequencing for timely graduation):
Fine Arts (Art, Music, and Dance)
Terry College or Grady College majors (Advised by the Exploratory Center)** or College of Engineering majors
Franklin Biological Sciences
Franklin Physical/Computational Sciences
Franklin AB majors and BS Psychology
**For majors in other UGA colleges please contact the advising office for that college.
updated 4/16/2020 email@example.com