Is your major correct in ATHENA?
To meet with an Orientation advisor specializing in your field of study, make sure your major is correct in Athena. To check or change your major:
- In Athena > Student Records > My Programs
- Add the new major first then delete the old major.
- Choose the “Intended-” version of a major if one is listed.
- Declare "intended" for all Terry and Grady majors.
- It is OK to be Unspecified! The Exploratory Center advises Unspecified students.
Which Area Meeting Should You Attend:
AB Majors & BS Psychology
|African American Studies||Geography (A.B.)|
|Asian Languages & Literature||Psychology|
|Communication Studies||Romance Languages|
|Comparative Lit. & Intercultural Studies||Russian|
|Film Studies||Women's Studies|
|Astrophysics||Biochem & Molecular Biology|
|Computer Science||Cellular Biology|
|Art Education (BFA)||Music (AB)|
|Interdisciplinary Art & Design (AB)||Music Composition (BMUS)|
|Intended Art (BFA)||Music Education (BMUS)|
|ArtX: Expanded Forms||Music Performance (BMUS)|
|Ceramics||Music Theory (BMUS)|
|Fabric Design||Music Therapy (BMUS)|
|Jewelry & Metalwork|
|Painting & Drawing|
|Printmaking & Book Arts|
If you have more than one major:
See the information below to decide which meeting to attend. If possible, send a friend or family member to the meeting for your second major.
Priority list for double-majors (majors higher on the list require specific course sequencing for timely graduation):
- Fine Arts (Art, Music, and Dance)
- Terry College or Grady College majors (Advised by the Exploratory Center)** or College of Engineering majors
- Franklin Biological Sciences
- Franklin Physical/Computational Sciences
- Franklin AB majors and BS Psychology
**For majors in other UGA colleges please contact the advising office for that college.
updated 2/12/2020 email@example.com