Is your major correct in ATHENA?
To meet with an Orientation advisor specializing in your field of study, make sure your major is correct in Athena. To change your major:
- Prior to arriving on campus for Orientation you may change your major anytime in Athena (see instructions below).
- During an orientation session:
- Students attending two-day sessions may change their major prior to 9pm on the first session day.
- Students attending one-day sessions should come to the "Franklin" sign outside Miller Learning Center room 101 between 11 am - noon.
How to change your major in Athena:
- In Athena > Student Records > My Programs
- Add the new major first then delete the old major.
- Choose the “Intended-” version of a major if one is listed.
- Declare "intended" for all Terry and Grady majors.
- It is OK to be Unspecified! The Exploratory Center advises Unspecified students.
Which Area Meeting Should You Attend:
AB Majors & BS Psychology
|African American Studies|
|Asian Languages & Literature|
|Comparative Literature and Intercultural Studies|
BS Biological Sciences:
|Biochem & Molecular Biology|
BS Physical & Computational Sciences:
|Interdisciplinary Art & Design|
If you have more than one major:
See the information below to decide which meeting to attend. If possible, send a friend or family member to the meeting for your second major.
Priority list for double-majors (majors higher on the list require specific course sequencing for timely graduation):
- Fine Arts (Art, Music, and Dance)
- Terry College or Grady College majors (Advised by the Exploratory Center)**
- BS (Biological)
- BS (Physical/Computational)
- AB majors and BS Psychology
**For majors in other UGA colleges please contact the advising office for that college.
updated 5.30.2019 email@example.com