Franklin College Requirement: Proficiency through the third semester
The Franklin College Foreign Language Requirement can be satisfied by completing the third semester of a foreign language or demonstrating proficiency at that level. (Note: Some majors require competency above this minimum)
Except for Multicultural selections, no course may be used to satisfy more than one Franklin College Requirement.
More information about satisfying this requirement:
- American Sign Language: AMSL 2010 may be used to satisfy this requirement. Students who completed CMSD 4830 (no longer offered) may use this course to satisfy the Franklin College Foreign Language Requirement.
- See the Accommodations and Waivers webpage for
- Students who are not citizens of the United States
- Students who hold dual citizenship in the U.S. and a country where the primary language is not English
- Students who are fluent in a foreign language
- Students who have received an accommodation for this requirement through the Disability Resource Center (DRC)
back to Franklin College Requirements
updated 9.15.2020 email@example.com